Saturday, October 5, 2013

W. Ferraro's Hamden Series & an iced coffee w almond milk

Hello beauties!!!!!! Hope you are all having a beautiful Saturday! Here is Southern Cali It is a pretty day, but I hear it is REALLY windy over by my moms.... dang santa anas.... oh well it happens.

Hubby's out of state this weekend so I kept it simple and fast for my coffee this morning. As a tip to all women out there young and old and in between ALMOND MILK! Has twice the amount of calcium than regular milk and calcium is extremly important for us women!!

Okay so enough of my little PSA, I am completely excited about todays book review!!! I'm not sure how I found this wonderfully talented author, all I know is I am glad I did. It was a series in which I genuinely didn't read any other books in between, and I was like a crack addict trying to find my next fix, as i went from reading one book to another.... and with three kids under six reading one book is cause for celebration, but I read ALL THREE in the time span of like a weekend! They are fun, sexy (extremely sexy), wonderfully written books!

W. Ferraro made me want to move to Hamden! Into a beautiful charming little apartment/ guest house by a lake in Vermont that is owned by a hot single dad who does delicously naughty... OH WAIT!!!! That charming little place and job has already been taken by Ferraro's lead Mae Turney, in Ferraro's Three Of Hearts!

Man O man let me tell you that this first book of the series will get you hooked.

 There is something incredibly beautiful ( I personally think) of books that evoke emotions, even emotions that we sometimes hold in and don't let go of. Ferraro's writing does that, it reaches in and makes you feel. It makes you cry and laugh. For that I am in love with Ferraro's stories.

Mae is a curvy woman, and feelings of insecurity and self doubt are present as this hot single dad is interested in her. Sometimes as people we all sometimes feel not worthy, especially when it comes to love, and this books ability of looking into this beautiful, selfless character's mind, to see how she feels is absolutely genuine and real and one of the lovliest things I have ever seen. When she gets angry at him for being rude, you feel it with her, when she feels wary about over stepping certain boundries, you feel it along with Mae, and when her heart is aching you feel it as well. W. Ferraro I bow to you and thank you for this beautiful story of a woman who doesn't see everything that she is and for creating a  male character that not only does, but mans up fights for her as well.


Seth Finn, our male lead, has faults of his own. I like him. He is real, honest, human, and completely delicous! When he falls, he falls hard, and when he gets mad.... well its a nasty temper. His kids are incredibly stinking cute... and megan his little girl is a firecracker! One of my favorite scenes is when Megan and Mae meet for the first time. Incredibly cute and sweet and realistic of children her age!

I also love the way that Ferraro seamlessly introduces supporting characters in the first one, how without a lot of fuss you genuinely see the established friendships, especially between Seth, Dylan and Wes.

Just like in life we make decisions that form the outcome of things, and you do get to see that for every action there is a reaction.Ohhhh I made that a little omonious huh??? haha don't worry Ferraro will definitely NOT disapoint you! Not with the first of this series and especially with the other installemnts of the series!

Here is the order of the Hamden Series
:
 
Three of Hearts
Three of Spades
Three of Diamonds



My grade for the series as a whole is an A! Hot men, beautiful scenery of this majestic city of Hamden, and wonderful real women!!! Ferrao you are awesome, look forward to reading more of your work in the future!

Go show W. Ferraro some love at :
 https://www.facebook.com/BooksByWFerraro
also check her out on goodreads:
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6566069.W_Ferraro








No comments:

Post a Comment