Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Personal Experiances by Tracy Lee and I wish I would have skipped the coffee and gone for wine!

It is not very often that you come across a book and it moves you. When I say moves you I mean completely and utterly emotionally and phyisically into real genuine tears. I came across this in this
book called Personal Experiances by Tracy Lee
 
 
I dont even know where to begin so that I don't give away any spoilers, but let me give it my best shot. Story starts off with a  young teenage girl and her first love. Elle & TJ. When reading these tidbits at the start it whisked me away literally to that feeling of having the world at your fingertips. Now I am only 30 and I know I am not ancient, but when I was reading the interaction between her and her friends and her boyfriend, with Lee's words i was reminded what that had felt, she really does show you what it was to be 16 & 18 years old again. Then it takes you to present day Elle and her life and how her life didn't go the way she had originally planned out for herself. She didn't marry her first love, she didn't  acomplish her dream of becoming a doctor, but you know that she wouldnt trade it in for anything because of the love and happiness she gets from being a mom to her twins and her younger daughter.
 
Now, this is not a book for those faint of heart. This story deals with tough subjects and isn't subtle about it. It deals with domestic violence, alcholism, and rape. This is one of the most raw, most gritty books and it puts it out there in a way that I have not really read before. Lee doesn't pussy foot around what happens closed doors, but she isn't completely in your face about it either. That being said I am a true believer that life hands you both good and bad, and life is totally what you make of it, and this book proves that. This is one of the most beautifully written stories I have read in a long time. The bad is there and you deal with it and you appreciate the beautiful even more because you know what bad is like.
 
Elle has been battered and hurt, but she holds on so strongly to keep going, not for herself but for her children, but even from the beginging of her present day story you feel her desperation. How badly broken her self esteem is, how horrible her husband is to her. but you also see that she isn't giving up, you see her need to keep going and she even  knows she is holding on by a thin thread. The fear she has of her husband is real, not only of what he could do to her, but of the fact that he wouldn't think twice to take her kids from her.
 
Then she gets a blast from her past, TJ McHale comes back into her life and the story travels into that part, which I will not completely go into in fear of spoiling things. What i will say is that TJ and Elle are beautiful together, the love that they had trancends over the seventeen years apart from one another, which is beautiful to see, and I for one was so happy to have had the honor of reading their story. They are hot together, the passion they had as young adults is nothing like what they have now. How their connection is there, how she still cares about him and her of him, but there are huge things they have to overcome... lies, deception, not to mention the monster of the husband that Elle is married to.
 
 Lee does a great job of creating believeable real characters, each with their own faults and strengths, each of them having been through their own trials and tribulations and then the end result was a beautiful product that was genuine and lovely even with the messiness that their decisions created.
 
Tracy Lee I give you 5 stars an A+.  Now to the reader, have your tissues ready, because it will make you cry! I recomend a bottle of wine with it as well :)
 
 
So go out and buy this  beautiful story!!!!
 
(If you do PLEASE PLEASE leave her a review!!!)
 
Go show your love to Tracy Lee by liking her Blog at:
Or follow her on Twitter:
Or on Facebook:
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment